Friday, July 30, 2010

recent acquisitions

This summer, I have been spending most of my time at home, in my room, practicing the bassoon, cleaning, or melting into a brown puddle.  However, a gal's gotta cut loose every now and again.  One of the ways I amuse myself without money is to look at the free section of craig's list and imagine what it would be like to have the ability to drive to Munhall/Connellsville/Shadyside and make these items mine.  WELL, the other day, after the first taker fell through, a girl emailed me to see if I had any interest in a free chaise lounge.  I did!  I borrowed my dad's truck and took my brother (the muscle), and after some careful maneuvering and the help of a tattooed and pierced young man from across the street, my new (to me) chaise was loaded up and on its way to the other side of the 'Burgh.  It isn't much too look at, but I put a quilt over it and here are the results:


My mom took me to Goodwill the other day and I am also the proud new owner of two dresses, two gorgeous cardigans and a pink Jansport bookbag.  Mom got a cardigan and a button-down shirt.  All for $22.50.  In these difficult economic times, it is important to try to make old things seem new again, and to support your local goodwill.  And watch Craig's List vigilantly.  I found an almost- new electric range on Craig's List for my parents just today! I blew up the old one while they were on vacation in South Dakota.


Oh, my masters degree came in the mail the other day, too.

1 comment: