Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vacation Photos

As my graduation present to myself, I went to Philadelphia for ten days--to visit friends, relax, unwind, and visit the birthplace of  America.  I met some fun people, brushed up on my Spanish (go figure), and ate and ate.  I also celebrated my birthday.  I am 24 years young!  Professionally, I feel I don't have much to show so far, but on the other hand, I have made a lot of friends and who will hopefully be more successful than me and throw me a bone now and again. I will not worry.  Things go up and down--I feel like I am doing with my life what the good Lord intended, so I will keep working and praying.  Aaaaaaaand eating.


My camera battery was dying, so I only took a few food photos:



European-style hot chocolate at Naked Chocolate 
I got a spicy one.



What is more refreshing than lemon gelato and a Pellegrino after walking 40 Blocks in the unforgiving Philadelphia sun? Bon Bon.




Pork Juicy Buns and tea at Sakura!



The weary traveler (I was having a good hair day and a bad face day, I guess).


We also ate at this amazing Mexican restaurant called Distrito.  It is worth a try if you are not entirely broke. ;)  You can eat in a Mexican taxi and they have a whole wall of Luchador masks!
That was my trip!  It was fun and also tasted good.  More later!

Kika

No comments:

Post a Comment